Friday, February 10, 2012

Confessions . . .

I made a confession to Aaron when we were in the car the other day. We were in Burlington and were headed home.  I wanted to stop somewhere that wouldn't take us on the interstate instead it would take us the way I go to work everyday.  Aaron complained how he hated going that way and I said I loved it.  He looked at me like I had two heads.  Well, I love it because it's an easy drive.  Pretty much a straight shot from the house which means I don't have to do a lot of thinking while I drive it.  I like this drive because I have about 20-25 minutes each way to listen to what I want to listen to in the car.  Which is usually a book on CD.  Yep!  I'm one of those people who like to listen to books on audio!  I love to read and there are soooo many books I want to read but I don't have enough time so I listen to them.  Sometimes I listen to books that I would never read but need to listen to something.  Sometimes I'll get a book on CD and take it out as soon as it starts because the narrator is terrible but for the most part I like listening to someone else read the book to me.  Whew!  So there we go.  I feel better now.  While I'm unloading here are a few more confessions . . .

1.)  I love to read books in a series.  A few weeks ago I borrowed One for the money (Stephanie Plum series) by Janet Evanovich form the library.  I have a friend who loves these books and has been telling me for a long time that I need to read them.  Well, I got the first book on CD from the library because I knew the movie was getting ready to come out and if there is a movie based on a book you better believe I'm going to read the book before I watch the movie.  I wasn't sure if I was going to like it.  I loved it!  So now I've reading the rest of them and am on the 5th one now.  There are 18.

2.)  Now I want to be a bounty hunter.  Not really!  But the main character in the Stephanie Plum series is one and I like her character :) 

3.)  They know me by name at the library.  That's how often I go there.  I reserve books online quite often so they will call when the books come in to let me know they are ready.  Usually whoever is working will see me come in and go ahead and get my book from hold.  Love it!

4.)  I bought a book at the 99 cent book store that I already have.  And I have read it twice already.  I bought it because it's a hard back and the copy I had at home is paperback.


5.)  I'm dreading tomorrow.  First run with the New Runners Club tomorrow morning.  I hate getting up early on Saturdays and I really don't want to do this.  But I am.  We are meeting at 7:30 a.m. and it's going to be freezing cold.  Like 30 degrees.  I can think of one other thing I would rather be doing on a 30 degree Saturday morning at 7:30 a.m. and that is still sleeping in my nice warm bed. 

6.)  I made hand warmers to go in my pockets so my fingers don't freeze off while I'm running in the morning.

7.)  I ate at Chick-fil-a twice this week, once on Wednesday then again today.  It was Aaron's choice both times.   I only got a chocolate milkshake on Wednesday.


8.)  I bought a Coke and a Reese's cup at lunch yesterday.  I haven't been drinking soda's lately and I really haven't missed them.  I only drank half of it.


9.)  The Reese's was a King size.  I only ate 2 yesterday.  The other 2 just now.  And drank the other half of my coke.  I really am going to have to run tomorrow aren't I?

10.)  I love getting "coupons" from my sister in the mail.  What I really love is that she always sends them in a cute little card and writes a message in them.  It makes my day :)



Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment