Saturday, March 31, 2012

Fro Yo and Lonely Boy


It was a great day in the Glancy house :)  Both of the girls had a friend over for a little part of the day.  Adrianna had a friend spend the night last night so they woke me up early for waffles and coffee.  The coffee was for me.  The girls played a little while then I took Adrianna and her friend shopping and to lunch with me.  After dropping her friend off at her house Adrianna and I went home.  Ava's friend was already at the house and they were playing basketball and having a good time.  Adrianna was a little jealous so I distracted her by asking her if she wanted to work on some embroidery projects we have going.  The answer was a quick "Yes!".

She is embroidering a tea towel.  See her little tea pot and cup?  So cute.  Her stitches are getting to be pretty good for a 6 year old.


I just started a tote bag from Sublime Stitching.  I can't wait to get it finished!


 On another note, Adrianna scored her first goal in soccer last night!!  Whoo hoo!  I didn't get a picture nor was I recording it.  I decided after her first game that I wasn't going to take my camera to every single game because I thought the pictures would mostly all look about the same . . .  


 I did get a pic soon after with my phone.  Here she is - with pink hair of course!

After Ava's friend left, I started dinner and the girls made videos of themselves on my computer.  They are so funny!  Ava tends to do more book report videos and Adrianna makes a bunch of faces and noises.  On one of the videos that they made together they reminded me of the alien Muppets - the Yip Yips.  You know, they said "Yip yip yip" and "Nope nope nope".  Well, if you don't know what I'm talking about, look here.  I hope you laugh like I did when I watched it!

After dinner Aaron Took us out for frozen yogurt at the Purple Penguin.  We love this place.  They always have a great selection of fro yo and tons of toppings!  It's serve yourself so we have to watch the kids, they will fill their cups all the way to the top if you aren't watching.  Not only would that be too much for them to eat but it can start getting costly since you pay by the ounce.  Which is the discussion we had over our fro yo, why is "lb" the abbreviation for pounds and "oz" for ounces.  I was thinking "it's got to be Latin" but Aaron said "it's got to be Latin" so I looked it up on my magic phone and yep, they are both abbreviations for Latin words.  Of course since Aaron actually SAID what he was thinking and I only checked my facts before I spoke, he thinks he is a genius and so do the girls.  Oh well.








I think the best part of the day was the drive home from getting fro yo and coming back to the house.  Here's why . . .  One of our new favorite music groups in our house is the Black Keys.  We all like their music and sing along to the songs.  This is what we were listening to in the car.  On the way home Aaron had me look up the music video for the song Lonely Boy and let the girls watch it.  Check it out on You Tube if you haven't seen it.  So when we got home we decided to pull it up on the computer and all of us dance like the guy on the video.  It was so silly but it was so much fun!  Look out You Tube!  You may have a new video coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment