Saturday, May 19, 2012

In the last few weeks . . .

In case you are wondering what I've been up to lately . . .

A few weeks ago I wrote about running my first 5K.  I have to tell you that I loved writing that post!   The 5K was a huge accomplishment for me and I hope to do many more.  Aaron didn't think I could do it so I was super stoked that I proved him wrong.  He was shocked that I stuck with the whole new runners program.  What confidence he had in me, huh?  You may remember from that post that my ankle was hurting pretty bad after I finished.  Well, I walked on it for days and the pain just got worse and worse.  Finally by Wednesday I decided to see a doctor about it and was lucky enough to be able to be seen that day.

I was happy to learn that it wasn't actually my ankle that was hurt and very disappointed to find out that it is in fact a Tibial Stress Fracture.  Which means I am wearing an air cast and have to wear it for 8-12 weeks.  Which meant no running at all for the first 2 weeks.  I'm just at the point where I can run 400 meters and walk 400 meters alternating on a soft track for a total of 2 miles.  I actually started back today.  I ran/walked for 1.5 miles on a soft track and I had to keep the air cast on - which wasn't that bad.  I was nervous about it because I didn't want to aggravate my injury but so far no pain!  I am excited to be able to run again because not running has been torture!

So . . . what else has been happening?

Adrianna has had her last few soccer games . . .


Photo op :)


Go #4!!

 I took this picture because her hair looks like a halo :)


And she goes for the goal . . .


She shoots . . .

She scores!!!  Look at how high she jumped.  Maybe she should be playing basketball . . .


Aaron took Ava to see The Hunger Games so I took Adrianna to Burlington City Park for a little bit.  Ava enjoyed the movie and Adrianna had a good time at the park.  I let her wear "dangly" earrings, ride the carousel by herself and get some Dippin Dots.  Oh, who am I kidding?  I got Dippin Dots, too.














Ava joined the Girl Scouts (no pics, sorry).  My Mom went with her to an all day badge blitz which included hiking, canoeing, and rock wall climbing.  All things I couldn't do so my awesome Mom went in my place.  She had more fun than I would've anyway.  I'm not a fan of lake water and woods.  Ick!  My Mom took pictures but alas, they are on her camera, not mine.  While Ava and Mom were having their adventures, Aaron, Adrianna and I hung out at the pool with my Step dad.  It was a pretty day but the water was too cold for me to get in.  Adrianna was determined so she and Opa would swim a little then jump in the hot tub.  Again and again.


 I went to a Mother's Day brunch with a friend . . .


We spent Mother's Day at my Mom's with my sister and her family and my Mother-in-law.  We hung out at the pool a little bit, played badminton, the kids rode the gator and scooter, played a little air hockey and Mom and Ava played the violin and mandolin for us.  It was a rainy day but we all enjoyed hanging out together and had a great lunch.  The girls even braved the pool for a little bit.  I'll have more pics of our Mother's Day fun and pics of what I made Mom this year up soon.


Two crazy girls in the pool!

Ava playing the violin

Well, that's all for now . . . 

Natalie






No comments:

Post a Comment