Friday, May 18, 2012

Farm Tour

My Mom, Step dad and I took the girls on a farm tour a few weekends ago.  It's a fun family event that the local Co-op's and local farms host every year.  You purchase a "ticket" for $25 and with the help of a map, you get to choose different local farms to visit or tour.  It was a lot of fun!  We only got to go to 2 farms but we were beat after that anyway.

We went to Fickle Creek Farm in Efland first.  Here we saw cows, pigs, sheep and chickens.  Lots and lots of chickens.  Did I mention there were chickens?




 It was really chilly!


Guard dogs!

Chickens

Sheep
 
There was a lot a walking . . .

 



Opa made a friend

The girls got to gather their own eggs

Adrianna had to get a boost so she can find a blue egg, too!


Egg loot!  They did a good job gathering the eggs


The eggs looked so pretty in the carton

Pigs! 


There was a pizza cart making fresh pizza to order so we ordered pizza of course!  Read more about Fickle Creek Farm here.

After we left Fickle Creek we headed on over to Chapel Hill to check out Spence's Farm.  It's an educational farm for kids and they also have after school and summer camps.  This was the girls' favorite!  Check it out here.  The main attraction . . . horseback riding!  There was so much to see here but the girls made a beeline for the horses.


The day was made for this little girl

Adrianna loves horses

She wanted to take it home


I had to convince Ava to ride.  I thought at first it was because she was afraid.  Turns out, she need some help getting on and off the horse because her little legs were sore from running the 5K the day before. 


She was glad she rode.  I love how this horse posed for the picture and looked right at the camera!


Adrianna having a conversation with a horse.  I think he was listening.

Checking out the swimming hole

The perfect tree to climb.  This tree also had several rope swings that the kids enjoyed


There was also a rope swing that was hung between two trees that you could sit on.  The girls decided to sit together which I though was cute so I was snapping pictures and before I knew it I had captured the funniest sequence of the both of them falling backwards off of this rope swing.  I wouldn't have laughed if they got hurt and I knew they weren't.  The swing was barely a foot off the ground.  I laughed so hard I cried and Ava was so mad at me!  So, to avoid embarrassing Ava, I am not including those photos. 


This is Spence's sister who entertained us with music form the accordion and singing.


 And to complete the day . . . hula hoops!

This girl is the hula hoop queen!

We had a great time visiting the farms.  Maybe next year we can visit a few more farms.


Natalie









No comments:

Post a Comment