Sunday, June 3, 2012

Waffles on the Weekend

During the week my breakfast consists of Greek yogurt with granola and coffee.  Sometimes a piece of fruit if I'm really hungry.  I'm not really a breakfast person unless it after 9:00.  I don't like really sweet stuff for breakfast and I can't eat cereal in the mornings.  I would love to have bacon every morning for breakfast but I don't.  I probably have bacon about once every 2 or 3 months.  So all and all my breakfast is pretty much the same everyday.  Except on the weekends . . .

I'm off on Friday's so I include this day in my "weekend" breakfast change up.  I say "change up" but it's the same thing every time.  I LOVE waffles on the weekends.  I know I just said I don't like sweet stuff for breakfast but I don't use a lot of syrup.  Just a little bit.  I use a little bit of butter and a little bit of syrup and enjoy my waffles with my coffee. 

I'm also completely obsessed with the British version of Antiques Roadshow.  This happens to come on Friday morning at 8:00 on Ovation.  This means that on Friday mornings I get nothing done!  I make my 2 waffles and a cup of coffee, sit down on the couch, turn on AR and stay there for about 2 hours (because they usually show 2 episodes that are an hour each).  Anyway.  If you know me though, you have probably have guessed that after I finish my breakfast I'm not just sitting on the couch on front of the TV for 2 hours.  Nope.  I most likely have some craft going on . . . embroidery, crocheting, quilting.  My husband doesn't understand why I just can't sit and watch a movie without yarn or thread in my hands.  I JUST CAN'T.  It's not possible.  I can't go anywhere without a ball of yarn and a hook or a book in my purse either, least I have to wait somewhere with nothing to do.  If you are a crafter, especially a knitter or crocheter, you know what I'm talking about.


Back to the waffles . . . I just want to make one thing clear.  I did not "make" the waffles.  I don't have a waffle maker.  I think I might like a waffle maker but really I'm more of an instant gratification girl when it comes to my waffles.  Eggos it is. 

I'm not the only girl in the house that enjoys a waffle on the weekend . . .


What is something that you only do on the weekends?

Natalie







No comments:

Post a Comment