Monday, November 14, 2011

blueberry muffins anyone?

Friday was Veterans Day. This meant no school for the kids. The plan was to sleep in. However, my body decided to wake up at 6:00 a.m. Of course on a day that held no time schedule and no appointments I would not be able to sleep. So what do you do when you can't go back to sleep? Why, whip up a batch of blueberry muffins from scratch. What else? I have never made blueberry muffins from scratch so I looked for a recipe online and found an easy one. Luckily I had all the ingredients I needed. I woke my oldest daughter up with the noise I made in the kitchen and when she saw me mixing, pouring and making a mess she thought I had lost my mind.

The muffins turned out great and the kids loved them! Since then I have made another batch of them but added a few ingredients. I really love Cream Cheese Blueberry Muffins so I added some vanilla and cream cheese and came up with a great recipe. I still want to do some tweaking but when I get it perfected I will post the recipe. Meanwhile, here is a picture of what we enjoyed on Friday morning . . .





With a crunchy streusel topping.

Yummy!





No comments:

Post a Comment