Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hello!

I have decided to start a blog . . . I am not new to the blogging world. About 3 years ago I started a blog just about family life and the funny things that go on around my house. Now my blogging interests are leaning more towards my crafty things and lately cooking! Although I think I will have a good mix of family life, craftiness, and food on my blog.

I had originally started working on a website for my crafty things but thought I would be limited to what would go on the website and I wouldn't be able to tell my little stories about the things I make. Plus, I don't usually have a surplus of things I make to put on a website. So, a blog it is.

Oddly enough my first post is about food. If you know me at all you know that I do not like to cook! At all! I hate the mess it makes and the cleanup involved and I'm really bad at coming up with meals. However, recently I have become addicted to a website called Pinterest. If you haven't heard of it, check it out. Anything and everything you can imagine is on there. I have also discovered that I LOVE my crock pot!! So, with the help of Pinterest, my creativity, and my crock pot, I enjoy trying new meals and planning what we are having for dinner.

Tonight's menu: Crock Pot Meatloaf and Homemade Baked Potato Chips.

For my meatloaf I used:
2lbs. lean ground beef. (You could use ground turkey which is what I would usually do but the ground beef looked better).
2 eggs
3/4 c. bread crumbs
1 can diced tomatoes - drained a little
1 small onion chopped
1 packet of Lipton onion soup mix
mix all together, form in bottom of crock pot, squirt ketchup over top, cover and cook on high in crock pot for about 6 hours


For the Homemade Potato Chips:
I used 3 large Idaho Potatoes, peeled
I sliced them using my Pampered Chef Mandolin, spread them in one layer on a cookie sheet, dabbed with olive oil, sprinkled with sea salt and baked about 20-25 minutes on 400 in the oven.

This was a hit!! The whole family loved it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment