Monday, January 16, 2012

Brrrrr . . .

So we have been a little spoiled so far this winter in NC.  We have yet to have really cold weather (just maybe a day here and there when the temp didn't get over 35) or snow.  But I was cold today.  I had to go to work today while my kids and hubby got to sleep in and stay in their warm comfy beds.  For some reason I could not get warm all day long.  I wore a long sleeve shirt under my scrub top and a lab jacket over that for half the day (only after I took my North Face coat off because I looked pretty silly huddled up in that).  Oh yeah, I put my scarf on after lunch for a while. 

me at work in my scarf.  just had to prove how cold i was.
   Then I had to stop and get gas on my way home.  I put it off this morning in hopes that it would warm up some more today.   It didn't feel any warmer.  I'm not complaining!  I am thankful that I have a job that I had to go to today and a car that I needed to put gas in so I could get home to my warm house, warm clothes to wear, a family that loves me and who I love, a husband who will play and dance with the kids and put dinner in the crock pot, funny kids that make me laugh after a long day, and HOT TEA!



 Yep.  Made a cup of hot tea as soon as I walked in the door!  In my favorite mug.  I got it when we went to see the Titanic exhibit in Raleigh about 6 or 7 years ago.  The exhibit was just in Greensboro recently and I really wanted to go  but it was $20 per person, even kids!  So we didn't go.  But I still have my mug.  It's a replica of the mug that 3rd class passengers would have used because if Aaron and I had been on the Titanic, we probably would have been in 3rd class (at least at the time I got this we would have been!).

my warm jammies.
 Aaron was working out when I got home and finished up about 5 minutes after I walked in the door.  He laughed at how quickly I made a cup of tea, put on my warm jammies and snuggled in my bed for a few minutes.  
So now I'm sitting at my computer with a quickly cooling cup of tea, a warm dinner cooking in the crock pot (thanks to hubby!) and watching my kids and husband play Dance Central on the kinect.  Maybe if I get off the computer and dance some I'll warm up, too!

Just maybe I'll be warmer tomorrow.  It is supposed to be 61 degrees tomorrow :)






No comments:

Post a Comment