Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend pics

 My weekend in pictures . . .


My to do list for Friday. . . I wrote my list out Thursday night then stared at it for the longest time Friday morning.  I know I was tired and in pain from my fall but I could not figure out what that last thing on my list said.  Did I even write that?  Nope.  That last piece of scribble is a note that Aaron tacked onto my list.  It took me forever to figure out what it says.  In case you are wondering it says "Borrowed $4".

No pics from the Chiropractor!  It was lunch time when we were finished there.  I gave the girls some choices for lunch.  I was wanting Chick-fil-A or lunch at the Co-op.  Adrianna's friend was on board for the Co-op but Adrianna didn't think she would like it.  Wendy's won.  We could all agree on that. After lunch the girls wanted to go to the park for a few minutes.  It was a pretty day so I thought that was a stellar idea :)


They had so much fun running around and letting loose some energy.  Although I really don't know where that energy came from.  I used all mine up the day before skating then getting to bed late.  Hmmm . . .


These trees thought it was a pretty day as well.   They are a little confused. . . 

I needed a few things from the Co-op so after I pried the girls from the slides and swings it was our next stop.


Look at all those beautiful veggies!!


There is always a basket of fruit for the kids at the Co-op.  
The girls helped themselves to an apple.


I picked up some bee pollen while I was there.  We all have crazy seasonal allergies around here.  The "seasonal" allergies Adrianna and I suffer form seem to be all year round.  So I've been using local honey as a sweetener in stead of sugar in my hot tea.  Instead of coffee, I have been drinking a lot of hot tea lately.  If you know me you know that I LOVE coffee.  The no coffee thing hasn't been all that hard and I do have a cup every once in a while.  Anyway, my point was that I have been adding a teaspoon or so of local honey to my tea every day (sometimes more than once a day!) and it seems to have really helped.  I also love a piece of toast with butter and honey as a snack.  I may eat that a little too often . . . Anyway, I read on one of my favorite blogs about the benefits of bee pollen so I thought I'd pick some up.  Here is the blog post about the bee pollen.
I've been putting it on my oatmeal in the mornings . . .


After shopping we met my friend at the book store to trade kids.  She had Ava and I took one of her kids back home with me.  The local used book store, 5th  Street Books, was having their monthly .25 cent sale.  Yes, I said $.25, 25 cent, one quarter, how ever you want to say it.  Their everyday book price is $.99.  You think you can't beat that price then they have a 25 cent sale!  Paperback and hardback.  There are shelves upon shelves upon shelves of books at his place.  If you are a book lover, this is the place for you.  You can't really go in there looking for anything specific.  I mean you can but you may not find it.  But if you love to read, that really doesn't matter, you'll find something that catches your eye. 


I came home with these and a few others that Ava picked out . . .  I have already read the one on the bottom, Wideacre by Phillipa Gregory, but I really liked it and for a quarter, why not?  I also have not read any of the Stephanie Plum by Janet Evanovich books but I want to.  I know the movie based on the first book is coming out soon so I need to read it.  The only Janet Evanovich book that they had was Fearless Fourteen.  I have a lot of catching up to do to get there but what the heck, it was $.25.


I had ordered a set of embroidery patterns from Sublime Stitching and some Thread Heaven.  It's a wax that you pull your thread through before stitching.  Makes such a big difference!  The thread moves so smoothly through the fabric :)


I finished up several pieces of embroidery this weekend.  I'll post pictures another time . . .


Saturday was a Tom's kind of day . . . I love my Tom's!  They are so comfortable.

My Mom gave me a massage on Saturday.  I so needed it!  My back was hurting before I fell but after I fell I really needed it.  I went over to her house without the kids for once.  I knew I wouldn't be able to relax with them there.  I felt so much better after my massage!  Thanks, Mom :)

I believe the long weekend was getting to the kids . . .


Mustaches and goatees are the thing to draw on your face when you are a bored kid at my house.  My kids know how to make me smile!

See, even in her sleep this one makes me smile!



Natalie









No comments:

Post a Comment