Wednesday, January 18, 2012

An instagram afternoon

I had a few hours to myself this afternoon!  I got off work at lunch time because I had a dentist appointment scheduled for 2:00.  That left a few hours for me go to Hobby Lobby and Barnes and Noble :).  While at B&N I found these cool journals . . .


apparently there are a whole lot of people who like to make lists therefore a market for journals just for this purpose . . .


totally need this one for "my amazing life"

I did take pictures of the molds my dentist made of my teeth before I started wearing aligners and of the one they did yesterday.  Major difference in only about 2 months.  I'll spare you those pics :)

Since my mother in law picked the kiddos up from school this afternoon, there was no need for me to rush home.  So I enjoyed a trip to Wal-mart by myself.  I know, how exciting!  I can tell you are jealous.  No pictures from Wal-mart.  I was too busy trying to remember what I needed.  What?  No list?  It was a spur of the moment thing so no list.

As I got in my car to leave I remembered I needed to get a gift for someone and happily made a very slight detour on the way home to Clay St.  Hey, I was driving past anyway.  Thinking, Oh, I'll just run in here and get what I need, I trusted that my frozen and cold stuff would stay that way until I returned.  I can't show you a pic today of what gift I got - maybe another day - I hope she likes it :).  After purchasing the gift I remembered seeing this in the window of one of the many antique stores downtown . . .


now that's an old typewriter.  love it!  you may remember this post I did about my Grandmother's typewriter.

Since I was already on Clay St. and had no reason to rush besides the cold stuff in my car, I decided to check out some more of the stores.  I don't get to do this often and I love walking around downtown.  Plus, it was pretty chilly today so I didn't worry too much about my  groceries.

I went into one of my favorite stores called The Elegant Relic.  They have the most beautiful things  in there!  Also a great place to buy a gift for someone.  As I was headed upstairs I spied these . . .


magnets made from keyboard keys.  genius!  that's what you can do with those old keyboards - yank the keys off and stick a magnet on them.  seriously, i think i may do this if i ever have a keyboard i can rip apart.  or i guess you could also use old calculator keys . . .

Nothing picture worthy in the next store I went into so I continued to mosey across the street to another favorite local shop.  Solgarden.  Now, this is the place to shop for a unique gift.  Love this store.  I even get my Charlie's soap there.  While I was there I saw this and had to snap a pic to keep the typewriter picture trend I had going on. 


plus it's a journal and i like the quote on the front.  what a good reminder. . . 

Then I saw these and I get a kick out of this stuff wherever I see it!



paper and notebooks made from poo.  as in animal poo.  you can read more about it here on the poopoopaper website.  you can order from here as well.  you can even "shop by poop type"

Enough about that.  I have a confession, I actually went there to get something for myself . . .


i saw this wallet last week when i went to get my laundry soap.  it caught my eye because it reminded me of my pillowcase that i had been working on.  which i finished up this weekend.  see . . . 



i think it was meant to be for me to have that wallet.  plus i'm supporting local businesses!  just doing my part :)

After that I came home and put my groceries up.  They all made it in case you were wondering.  The kids had finished their homework except for reading . . .


i never have to worry about her reading for 30 minutes every night.   most nights i have to make her turn her lamp off by her bed and go to sleep.  i even catch her with her book light sneaking in a few more pages sometimes.  so teachers, if she'd grumpy at school it's because she stays up too late reading.

Then it was bath and dinner time.  We have no real schedule around here.  It's just whatever whenever.  It was too cold to play outside this afternoon so Adrianna went ahead and took a bath.  She wanted to dry her hair afterwards with the hairdrier.  Ok . . .


she is crazy.  her hair is so thin it dries in a minute yet i realized she had been in there around 8 minutes with the hairdrier going.  she was watching her hair blow in different directions and warming her feet with it.  not surprised . . .


Then I decided I better get to crackin on dinner!  It's pizza night.  We usually do pizza on Friday's but we haven't had it in a while and I was really wanting pizza.  Plus I really had no inspiration tonight.  So my little sous chef and I spent some time together in the kitchen. 

  

 she is so good at putting the cheese on :)


 yummy!  

During dinner Aaron and I referenced Seinfeld twice.  There is a Seinfeld episode for everything.  Tonight it was junior mints and loud talker.  If you watch Seinfeld you know what I'm talking about.  

Well, now I'm full and tired.  I'm going to hang out with the girls for a little while before bedtime then catch up on some TV shows and finish up another embroidered pillow case. . . 












No comments:

Post a Comment